Because of the remarkable support from numerous donors, Buckhead Church was the fourth largest Red Cross donor site in Georgia for 2020. These donations continue to be one of the most significant ways we can serve our city hospitals that are currently experiencing a blood supply shortage.
A low supply is troubling for members of our community suffering painful chronic illnesses like Sickle Cell disease, battling cancer, or who may suffer unexpected trauma.
To help, Buckhead Church, in partnership with the American Red Cross, will host a blood drive on March 9 and 10. (Tuesday: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Wednesday: 10:00 a.m.–2:45 p.m. )Scheduling a time to give and rolling up our sleeves to donate blood and save lives is a great way to be FOR Atlanta.
Details for donor eligibility as well as appointment availability are available through RedCrossBlood.org.
Event Safety Protocols:
- Temperature checks for staff and donors before entering.
- Hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Social distancing between donors including entry, donation, and refreshment areas.
- Face masks worn by all staff and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces and equipment.