1. Nearly half of Jesus’s 38 parables were about money and possessions. Why do you think this topic is so important?
2. According to Matthew6:19–21, we have the choice to store up treasures on earth (now) or in heaven (later). Looking at your calendar and your bank account, where are your money and time (your treasure) currently going? What is your heart set on?
3. Matthew 6:22–23 says, “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness.” The “eye” controls the focus of our mind. When you think about your thought life (the thoughts that run through your mind and heart) would you describe it as full of “light” or “darkness”? What primarily has your attention
4. Reflect on the statement “The real battle when it comes to living for later is between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.” Can you define what you want MOST?
5. What is one thing you could ask God to help you with this week in regard to living for LATER? (Examples may include starting to pay attention to your thought life, not immediately buying something you want, giving to someone in need, creating a plan to give, or having an honest conversation with someone about what you want MOST.) How would your life look different if you took this step?