Thank you for your interest in being a Community Group leader!
Community Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in a relationship with Christ, and that this happens best when we prioritize intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Community Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community. Our Community Group leaders create environments for people to develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some people plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6). Group leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth. Our leaders play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Role of a Community Group Leader
Community Group leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction, and support. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders—and are encouraging the group members' growth in these three areas as well. Each Community Group leader is supported by a Buckhead Church Groups staff member.
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have Community Group experience (preferably)
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
- For Married Community Groups both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities
Interested? Please begin the application process.